Sunday 20 March 2011

Me and my Chicken Rice again...

Here I go again ranting about chicken rice...next stop is an old Chinese restaurant called "Tho Yuen" located at Campbell Street, Penang.  Tho Yuen is really old, it has been in existence for nearly 5 decades. This restaurant is famous for its "Dim Sum" and also its Handmade Egg Tart.  I found both of the mentioned items mediocre, to me the highlight of the restaurant is its Steamed Chicken Rice.  White luscious chicken steamed to perfection.  One of the best steamed chicken I have ever tasted...I ordered Fried Shang Mee for 2 and some "Kuk Poh" Chinese Tea to go along with my Chicken Rice (Drumstick).  All these for RM 17.40....definitely a lot more cheaper than Tua Pui Loh (Nagore Road) RM 9.00 Chicken Rice la...

Be prepare to wait...it gets pretty crowded during lunch and jam-packed during holidays.





No comments:

Post a Comment