Saturday 19 March 2011

From Singapore to Penang...Singeylang Special

I know a lot of people who don't like the idea of Frog being a meal but the chinese has been eating frogs for many many years but then the chinese has been known to be eating a lot of other animals for many many years as well. Frogs (not talking about those you found in your garden ya) Bull Frogs to be precise are said to be rich in nutrient and are high in protein (don't ask me where these facts are from...I googled it ok).




Now back to Singeylang Claypot Frog Porridge Restaurant, the outlet used to be at Macalister Road but has since moved to 8th Row (known as Krian Road, off Macalister Road) a few years ago. They served other stuffs too besides frogs such as fish dishes, stirfried vegetables, eggs and etc.  Of course most of the diners will ordered the restaurant's specialty which can be cooked in several styles.  I personally love their "Kung Po" Frogs which obviously served in a claypot la (what else la).  Since I don't fancy porridge, I got myself some Kangkung Belacan, Scrambled Egg with Salted Raddish and French Beans with Minced Pork to go with my rice. (I was very hungry ok...)

According to the owner, Singeylang in Singapore is very popular for their Claypot Frog Porridge, hence the name....I would rate the place as above average as all the dishes were pretty good and value for money too and yes the frogs were cooked to perfection too, soft and juicy. Come to think of it, it tasted like scallop...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment