Wednesday 16 March 2011

Fatty Loh Chicken Rice...Really?

I am gonna talk about chicken rice again...Penangites just love their chicken rice. 

Topic for today: The Original Fatty Loh Chicken Rice

Fatty Loh Chicken Rice at Nagore Road has claimed to be the original "Fatty Loh Chicken Rice" in Penang but then there's another Fatty Loh at Fettes Park that claimed to be the original too....but seriously who cares which one is the original as long as they serve good chicken rice rite?.  Now back to the one at Nagore Road...I have stopped visiting Fatty Loh for quite some time now, not because they are not good, its just because there are a few better ones out there and they have made Fatty Loh looks/tastes pretty ordinary.

I have decided to patronise Fatty Loh @ Nagore Road  a few days ago simply because I was at Nagore Road during dinner time and I was looking for something simple and quick. I ordered roast chicken (drumstick) with sauteed taugeh. The chicken and rice were pretty good but ordinary but what surprised me was when I decided to pay for my dinner.....

I have just paid RM 14.00 for a so called quick and simple dinner.  The drumstick was charged at RM 8.00 and they charged you the rice seperately....RM 1.00 for a bowl of rice.  Seriously...I thought I ordered a chicken rice and not a chicken and rice...well next was RM 3.50 for a plate of taugeh with lots of pepper sprinkled on top and RM 1.50 for a glass of herbal tea.  Usually when it comes to food, I am not stingy, I eat out a lot....but seriously RM 9.00 for a plate of chicken rice??

No wonder I was the only one there...I guess there are a lot smarter chicken rice eaters out there.  Normally a plate of chicken rice around town will costs you around RM 4.50 only.


I understand that they are housed in a nice colonial building but I have seen nicer looking coffee shops that sell chicken rice for half the price I was paying and they are pretty good too.

Anyway I guess some hard core Fatty Loh's supporters might not agreed with me but personally I will not be visiting any Fatty Lohs (irregardless whether they are original or not) for a long long time...Let me just stick to Fatty Boy Chicken Rice for now.

The RM 8.00 Drumstick!

1 comment:

  1. The shop has closed down few months ago due to poor business...how am I not surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete